Creamy Smoked Salmon Pasta Recipe
Palmdale Meats and Poultry Gluten Free, Nitrate Free , Smoked Salmon
It’s becoming well known in Adelaide that the very best Smoked Salmon is being cooked in house at Palmdale Meats and Poultry…. and of course, Seafood!
One would (and does, often) think of having Palmdale Meats fabulous gluten free, Smoked Salmon with a selection of cheeses and meats – or even straight on a cracker. Its even fabulous on a slice of Rye bread which has been smeared with Cream Cheese and Capers.
But for a fabulous, quick and sumptuous supper, toss a few simple ingredients together and a magical, hot meal is ready to be served. For this easy recipe, see below. For the best Smoked Salmon in Adelaide, come to Palmdale Meats in North Adelaide Villiage.
Don’t be disappointed, it is so popular it’s often sold out, For pre orders, call us on (08) 8267 5498
John’s Smoked Salmon Pasta
Ingredients: (this is for a serving for 2, double for a family)
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped fine
- 2 shallots, chopped (you COULD use 1 small brown onion, but not as delicious)
- A little butter, or oil
- 1/4 cup of cream – no hard and fast amount actually – more or less to suit
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 150g – 200g Palmdale, in store, Smoked Salmon – roughly broken into pieces. (150=light flavoured. 200=richly flavoured)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Fresh Dill – optional, but Yummio! Try a few Capers if you don’t have any Dill
- Enough dry pasta to suit your appetite – Gluten free pasta is fine with this!
Recipe: So easy…. look quick or you’ll miss it!
- Put some pasta (John prefers Penne) into slightly salted, boiling, water. Why salty? It allows the water to boil at a temperature slightly higher than normal, leading to better pasta.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sized, deep, saucepan, start sautéing the shallots over a med/low heat with a little butter or oil – this takes approximately 8-10 minutes but OH so worth it…. sauté until they are nicely, lightly, browned. This will take roughly the time it takes to drink a glass of wine.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Dont be tempted to add it too early, because cooking garlic for too long will make it bitter.
Now the next is quick… so get ready.
- Drain the cooked pasta and reserve a cup of the liquid
- Add the cup of liquid from pasta to the shallots/garlic in frypan
- Stir in the cream, the lemon juice and the Parmesan cheese.
- Add the Palmdale Meats Smoked Salmon
- Continue to stir until it is all warmed through.
- Add the drained pasta and stir gently until mixed
- Serve while hot, with a sprig of fresh Dill
Not sure about how to cook your selection? Palmdale Meats, Poultry and Seafood – North Adelaide – are always here to help you. Call in to Palmdale Village Meats in the North Adelaide Village, 81 O’Connell St, North Adelaide.
There’s 2 hours free parking in the North Adelaide Village Centre, come and see us.
(08) 8267 5498