Vacuum (Cryovac) Packing your meat selection
Did you know that if you drop off a list of your order – and if you specify how you wanted it packed – Palmdale Village Meats, Poultry and Seafood can Vacuum Pack your selection exactly how you want it! Want BBQ packs? Certain amounts in this bag – different in that? No problems!
Give them some warning guys! Please give them your list the day before, please feel free to give it many days/weeks before, but give them at least a day.
It’s as simple as giving them that small lead time, and your list of what you want and how you want it packed. Then, pick up your perfectly, professionally, packed bags ready for your fridge, freezer or holiday when you have asked for it 🙂
Why get PALMDALE to do this for you? Can’t you do that with your own Vacuum Sealer… Oh no no no…. We’re talking chalk and cheese here! Get it done easily, safely, professionally and securely. Ring Palmdale, or call in, with your order and how you want it packed and the very accommodating people at Palmdale Village Meats, Poultry and Seafood will get it done exactly as you want it.
For a list of how long different meat will last Vacuum Sealed, costs and the difference between home machines and the commercial ones – read on….
Why get Vacuum Packs done at Palmdale Village Meats
To understand that, you need to understand the difference between a home unit, that you might have seen – might even own – and a Commercial Vacuum Sealer.
Home units are generally low cost and work by the maching “sucking” out all the air from a patterned bag. The patterns in the bag are channels to allow the machine to withdraw the air. They do not, accurately, provide a vacuum – they just remove as much air as possible. While that will extend the life of your products – it will not have the efficiency of a Commercial, Professional, Vacuum Sealer.
A Commercial Vacuum Sealer is a vastly different beast. These are not the low cost home units, we’re talking MANY thousands of dollars for these – and, true to form, Palmdale Meats, Poultry and Seafood works with the best, to give you the best.
Commercial Vacuum Packers work by placing the entire bag in the unit and the machine actually creates a TRUE Vacuum, then seals the bag efficiently and safely. Because of the manner of action, it can be used with both solids and liquids – yup, liquids!
A Professional Vacuum Sealer uses special, high quality, smooth bags – the Vacuum is total and trustworthy.
Why Vacuum Pack
- First and foremost, extend the life of your meat, poultry or seafood – Generally 3-4 times longer than fresh#
- Freeze your meat, in your volume/size selection, without any concerns about freezer burn*.
- Cryovac’d meat also allow extended freezer time*
- Save room in your fridge or freezer – Vacuum Packs take up a smaller space
- Vacuumed bags are very easily stacked and labelled due to their smooth surface
- Meal sized portions can be packed in separate bags. Particularly good for taking camping, on holidays or when you know you can’t get to Palmdale Meats for a while
- Different meat can be packed together. Want a BBQ pack put together? No problems, just let the staff at Palmdale Meats know what you want done on your list
- Flavours of seasoned meats are intensified
- Liquids can be Vacuum Sealed! That means you won’t lose any marinade for your marinated selection.
- Marinated Meat become “more” marinated/flavoured/tender as the vacuuming process helps soak the marinade in better.
What can you Vacuum Seal?
But… Everything else!!
How long will it last when Vacuum Packed?
It is imporant to note that these estimates are an operating rule – not a promise. Because Palmdale Village Smoke their products on site, and get fresh product in daily, they can give you a better estimate. Note that it will also depend on how the bags are kept (temperature wise) and ensuring that you have not compromised the seal in any way.
NOTE: Frozen packs will last longer still*, but for fresh….
- Chicken – 10 to 14 days
- Turkey – 10 to 14 days
- Marinated Chicken – 3 to 4 weeks
- Sausages – 10 to 14 days
- Minced Meat varieties – 10 to 14 days
- Fish – 10 to 14 days
- Burgers – 10 to 14 days
- Fresh Meat – 5 to 6 weeks
- Palmdale Smoked Bacon – 6 to 8 weeks
- Palmdale Smoked Products – 6 to 8 weeks (not recommended for Smoked Salmon)
Sizes and Cost
The bags come in a range of sizes between 16x22cm to 35cmx40cm and the Vacuuming process costs $2 per bag.
Don’t worry about working out what sizes you need. The Staff at Palmdale Village Meats will do that. Just drop off your list of what you want packed, in what weight/combination and they’ll sort out the correct size bag you’ll need.
Not sure how much you need in each bag for the size of your group? Palmdale Meat staff can help you with that too, when you drop off your list.
Not sure about what to put in what Cryovac bag? Palmdale Meats, Poultry and Seafood – North Adelaide – are always here to help you. Call in to Palmdale Village Meats in the North Adelaide Village, 81 O’Connell St, North Adelaide.
There’s 2 hours free parking in the North Adelaide Village Centre, come and see us.
(08) 8267 5498
# You still need to keep your meat in a refrigerator, Esky full of ice or a freezer – at appropriate temperatures for fresh meat, poultry or seafood
* Be aware that when you remove the bag from the freezer, as the meat defrosts, you will compromise the seal so you must treat it like fresh meat, cook the meat very soon after defrosting
NOTE: Prices shown on the image used were correct at the time of image taken.