Jan’s Party Pleasers
These are the best, and easiest party nibble you can make! Why “Jan’s” pleasers? I have a very great friend that made these for a party I attended so very long ago – her name was Jan… Makes sense right? These were so delicious I embarrassed myself at the party scoffing them down like there was no tomorrow. Don’t worry, I didn’t get them all – I had to fight people off, they were that popular!
The combination of ingredients have an amazing synergy of flavours that create a real taste explosion. They will not disappoint… They can be thoroughly enjoyed hot OR cold!
They’re also great to use up any left over ham after the Holiday Season (even if you buy a smaller ham- maybe one of Palmdale Village Meat’s famous Red Gum Smoked Cameo Hams, you might have some left.)
Needless to say, I got the recipe 🙂 Now you have it too.
Jan’s Party Pleasers
First, switch on your oven as it needs to be HOT (220oC-250oC)
- 2 patty pan tins with 12 “holes”
- 3 sheets of puff pastry
- 125g edam grated cheese
- 125 chopped Palmdale Village Meat’s ham
- 3 tablespoons of cream
- 1 teaspoon French mustard
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- dash salt and pepper
Cut each pastry sheet into 9 squares and place each one into a patty pan “hole” – You might have a few squares left over, but that size is perfect!! (Cut the pastry with scissors, cutting some baking paper at the same time, for underneath, so it comes out easy – or spray muffin tray first)
Put all the other ingredients into a bowl and stir
Put ONLY 1 to 1.5 teaspoon of the mixture into the puff pastry. Do not be tempted to go more
Cook each tray in your hot oven for 10 minutes or until the corners and lovely and brown
Leave in the pan for a few minutes before taking out and resting on a rack until cool…. or serve them hot
- 125g Edam grated cheese – replace with
- ANY cheese is nice with this! I have used tasty, smoked, Mozzarella….
- 125g chopped ham – replace with….
- 60g of Prosciutto chopped VERY fine; or
- 100g Palmdale Smoked Salmon; or
- 120g Palmdale Smoked Chicken, chopped very fine; or
- Finely chopped Swiss Brown mushrooms; or
- Finely chopped capsicum (best with mozzarella cheese)
- 1 teaspoon French mustard – replace with any mustard (I like seeded)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley; replace with
- Spring onions, finely chopped; or
- Chives, finely chopped